Monday, April 13, 2009

#13 Excitement and Controversy

Today I found out that John Green will be coming to Australia. There will be a Nerdfighter gathering on the 31st of May in Melbourne!! This is the most exciting news ever. I'm going to meet one of my favourite authors in a clash of pure awesome and nerdfighters! ahhhhhh!!!

Something else came up today. Can't tell you all about it yet. Too many chances of it not actually happening. But it's awesome nonetheless.

That's all I really have to be excited about. I still haven't done the stories. I will. It's just that today was the commencement of wop and basically I only got some Lit work done (actually it was a lot, but didn't seem like much). And so I don't really have much to blog about.

Oh wait, yes I do. This angered me greatly:

I'm not sure if you all have heard about the Amazon.com Fail that happened today. Basically there was a 'glitch' in the system, and consequentially many books have been removed from the database. Now this would just seem like a mild nuisance. Sure, until you type 'homosexuality' into the search and come up with titles such as:

  • "A Parent's Guide to Preventing Homosexuality"
  • "You Don't Have to Be Gay: Hope and Freedom for Males Struggling With Homosexuality or for Those Who Know of Someone Who Is"
  • "For the Bible Tells Me So"
and
  • "Can Homosexuality be Healed?"
Really, Amazon?

First and foremost I would like to say that I am completely for the freedom to express any sexuality. If I were to be only in love with other women or simply prefer a mix, then I would want my choices to be accepted. Whoever says that it is inhumane is wrong, because there is no difference. We are all human, and it is natural.

I'm sorry to bring up more controversy in this blog, but it shouldn't even be an issue.

I could go on, but I won't.

7 comments:

lazyage said...

i agree, i am ashamed of the ammount of intolerance towards homosexuals that still exisits in our society today! it's just ridiculous and everyone should feel free to express themselves whichever way they feel as it is 'natural' as you say.

but on a lighter note can you tell me where i can find out more about John coming to Melboune? ive been away for a few days and must have missed the news. i know you rarely reply, but please?

Liv =] said...

It's just a small mention in his latest video, proper details are yet to come =]

Richard said...

Hi Liv, I hope your WOP is far less painful and far more productive than you hope :)

Ekahs said...

I don't want to know why you searched "homosexuality" in Amazon.

Ekahs said...

P.S.

Nice blog [:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't consider myself an intolerant person, but what really annoys me is the fact that many of them think they are so much better than the rest of us.

Kartar said...

@spinx - why is it the sentence always goes "I'm not a [racist|homophobic|intolerant|bigot] but..."

I think your statement, in addition to being offensive, is a sweeping and indefensible generalisation.