Monday, February 9, 2009

With an Unfortunate Lack Of Sleep

I've accumulated this tiredness over a couple of nights, and it's safe to say that if I don't get enough sleep tonight I possibly will fall asleep at school tomorrow. On the bright side, I only have four lessons. Though, I will be using my double spare to study. Brilliant.

I've been neglecting this blog a little this week. I started Year 12, realised how much work it was going to be and re-evaluated my Internet time. However today I've spent a significant amount of time online because mindlessness is all I can handle currently. I am aiming for a little fluidity in this blog post because my usual "dis happened then dis happened and zomg it was awsume" way of writing can tire me sometimes. Not that I will stop with that. It's easier.

Regarding School, I absolutely love all my classes and teachers this year. English is such an improvement because of my actual teacher, as is French. The irony in this is I have the same teacher as last year. I'm finding the class alarmingly easy after my escape over to the country in question this summer/winter (which was the point of the trip) and I believe the fact that as my class actually has the need and want to learn, my teacher is willing to teach us with some enthusiasm.
I have amazing friends at school and I now get to spend more time with them during spare periods, and in our Year 12 common room, which is most definitely the best part of school this year, I can already tell. It brings the whole year level together, and teaches us patience as we wait in our little kitchen with our cups ready for milk for our teas and offer to add an additional slice of bread to the toaster for our comrades. (I actually hate the word comrade.. reminds me too much of Animal Farm. Just like I hate the word parody. Not sure why, it's just annoying.)

I've been writing this instead of analysing a criticism of Alice Munro's short story Boys and Girls. I should get back to that.
[I'd recommend Munro's stories actually, what I've read of her collections so far is mind-staggeringly clever]

3 comments:

lazyage said...

ah yes, i recall suffering from a terrible lack of sleep in year 12. that's what i used my spares for lol. i never did get anything productive in them anyway...

Anonymous said...

hello.. i randomly stumbled across your page and all i can say is...

AWESOME!!

haha.. anyways.. it's 1.20 and even though i only woke up 2 hours ago i'm tired.. so send me an email to remind me to read your story whilst i am alive and conscious. night.

Unknown said...

hrrmmm i swear u go to my school
(kidding)
basically, OMG in the same boat
common rooms are the bomb, friendships are SO much tighter
workload kinda freaks you out
but everything seems generally hectic slashed awesome seeing as its your last year (shitshitshit) but you've MADE IT THIS FAR

good feeling no?
we shall cain yr12.
xx